Lalaloopsy Birthday Party

by Teapots and Tractors on April 9, 2013 · 25 comments

in Celebrate, Cook, Family, Kitchen - Recipes, Make, Play, Print, Share, Teapots and Tractors

lalaloopsy

Last Thursday Mikala and I hosted a 4th Lalaloopsy Birthday Party.

She had a great time and told me that she had the best party…so far! So with that in mind for next year here are all the details to help you plan your party. We did it on a budget and I can say that we didn’t spend a lot of money. The key is to use what you have and make the most of those things.

Invitations

Lalaloopsy Invitation

Mikala and I made the invitations together. We downloaded some free fonts and a free background that I had downloaded months ago. Pinterest is great for finding things like this. I told Mikala I wanted her to collect her Mini Lalaloopsy Dolls as we needed to take a picture for the invite.  And do you know what she set them all up and then grabbed the IPad and took the photo you see on the invite. The control freak in me wanted to swap it from a photo from my camera but she did a great job and it is her birthday party.

We have quite a decent printer at home so we printed them and put them in some pink envelopes we picked at at K-Mart on special for 50c for 10.

Decorations

One of the simplest things to use for a theme decoration is the toys that match it. Luckily Mikala had her birthday before her party and received a few more dolls and a Lalaloopsy train that we used to decorate.

Lalaloopsy Party Decorations

We also saw a great idea online {here} using paper plates and 4 round stickers to make them look like buttons. Mikala has since decorated her room with them. We chose a bright colour scheme and a pink plastic table cloth and a green table runner from the cupboard on the table. We searched online for free printable cupcake toppers which you can find here, and used them to decorate the cupcakes and the plastic cups. On the table we placed the Lalaloopsy Ferris Wheel and two vases full of bright coloured wool and with a Large Lalaloopsy Doll placed inside. Behind the cake table (which is just our School centre – Expedit) we hung a Lalaloopsy Beach Towel had received for her birthday.

Party Food

We were having an afternoon tea so we didn’t have a huge range. Mikala wanted to Party pies and Sausage Rolls so we had those. We also had -

Lalaloopsy Party Food

• A fruit platter with animal fruit picks – by far the most popular
  • Cupcakes with icing and Button biscuit
  • Dinosaur Fairy Bread (You can purchase the cutter and the animal picks from Little Bento Shop)
  • Layered Jelly cups
  • Little musk lollies
  • Coloured Popcorn

At this point I would like to mention that we don’t have these things everyday and by putting the popcorn in small Cupcake Baking Cups we were able to limit the actual amount consumed. But I do believe in teaching kids healthy choices – which is why we put the fruit on the table and the sweets on the little Cake table we had.

Birthday Cake

The Birthday cake was a Heart shaped Rainbow cake that I got the recipe for from the Thermomix Community here. It had jam and cream between the layers and a Meringue Icing with Sprinkles.

Lalaloopsy Rainbow Cake

On top we place a Mini Lalaloopsy Doll and made a little banner out of two Kebab sticks a piece of ribbon and some buttons.

Birthday Activities

We set up a number of free play activites as well as two structured craft activities and pass the parcel.

Lalaloopsy Party Activities

1. Pavement chalk drawing on the verandah.
  2. Giant Floor Puzzle  - Lalaloopsy placed in the lounge room
  3. Lalaloopsy Colouring in sheets found online on Pinterest.
  4. Dress up box was placed on the back verandah for all kids to use. Lots of fairies and pirates appeared.
  5. Button Necklace – We made ourselves a gorgeous large button necklace. Ribbon was 99c and Buttons were about $6 at Spotlight.
  6. Pass the parcel – which had Tinkerbell stickers and pencils that were on special at K-Mart, the main prize was a Mini Lalaloopsy doll. Because Hayden was the only boy there was one layer with Transformer stickers. I always make sure that everyone gets one prize and then the last one I close my eyes and let the music play.
  7. Charm Bracelets – I bought a bracelet making set that was great for little fingers. It was on special for $15.99 from Toys R Us.

Birthday Favours

We had simple favour bags using pink paper bags from Spotlight, some Lalaloopsy Ribbon I purchased off Ebay and one of the free printable Cupcake toppers from above!

Lalaloopsy Party Favours 1

Inside was a Lalaloopsy pencil topper (these came in a packet of 4), a Surprise Lalaloopsy, and a couple of lollies.

Lalaloopsy Birthday girl

Mikala having a great time! She is wearing the most gorgeous Hootkid dress that I purchased from Little BooTeek!

Thanks for sharing our Lalaloopsy Party. I know it was a long post but think its better if its all together so you can find all our ideas if you want to have a Lalaloopsy party yourself. Email me or ask any questions in the comment section, if there is anything more you need to know.

Linking up with Essentially Jess for #IBoT

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Share and Enjoy

• Facebook
  • Twitter
  • Delicious
  • LinkedIn
  • StumbleUpon
  • Add to favorites
  • RSS
1 Yvette @ Little Bento Blog April 9, 2013 at 7:21 am

What an awesome party!!!! I love the Lala Lopsy idea! Such bright colours, but also your activities were perfect – great for little fingers and not running around like lunatics!! You did so well! I am very impressed (want to organise my daughters bday party?)
Yvette @ Little Bento Blog recently posted…Wellwoman Insurance – with giveawayMy Profile

2 Teapots and Tractors April 9, 2013 at 8:41 pm

More than happy to help! We love Lalaloopsy and we love bright and fun – so worked out well!

3 Robyn (Mrs D) April 9, 2013 at 7:42 am

Love Mikala’s face in the bottom photo! She looked SO happy. What a gorgeous party. I may well be using some of your ideas and my little Miss H is turning 4 next week and I’m in the midst of organising a ‘mermaid’ party!! Love your cupcakes too. xx

4 Teapots and Tractors April 9, 2013 at 8:42 pm

A Mermaid party sounds great! Cant wait to see! You may use any ideas and tips that you would like! She was so happy, loved her party.

5 Lisa Barton-Collins April 9, 2013 at 11:23 am

It’s beautiful parties like these that make me wish I had girls instead of boys! So much gorgeousness! xx
Lisa Barton-Collins recently posted…Being the boss of my bodyMy Profile

6 Teapots and Tractors April 9, 2013 at 8:43 pm

Boys parties are definitely different, but they are also fun too!

7 iSophie April 9, 2013 at 11:39 am

I love planning parties. This was awesome and so well thought out. I love the cake, great job on the layers! #teamIBOT
iSophie recently posted…Hello? Anyone awake?My Profile

8 Teapots and Tractors April 9, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Thanks Sophie, I love adding a bit of magic to a birthday and planning. And it really doesn’t have to be over the top!

9 Amanda @ Cooker and a Looker April 9, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Looks like it was a great success, well done Annaleis! x
Amanda @ Cooker and a Looker recently posted…moussaka and mediocre motheringMy Profile

10 Teapots and Tractors April 9, 2013 at 8:44 pm

It was Amanda thank you!

11 Josefa @always Josefa April 9, 2013 at 6:00 pm

What a fab party! And how good of you to blog about it so quickly! I’m still recovering from our party over the weekend!
Josefa @always Josefa recently posted…The Pomegranate TreeMy Profile

12 Teapots and Tractors April 9, 2013 at 8:45 pm

Josefa it was just lucky that I had a few child few hours over the weekend and I tried to get organised. And my Mum wanted to see all the details!

13 Kyla @ Three Quarters Full April 10, 2013 at 6:52 am

Gorgeous party, she looks like she had such a great time. Doesn’t the rainbow cake feel like a total mission to make? The last time I made one I told everyone in the family that there would be no more rainbow cakes for a while.
Kyla @ Three Quarters Full recently posted…England in the SummertimeMy Profile

14 Teapots and Tractors April 10, 2013 at 8:04 pm

You are right Kyla. Never let a 4 year old near Pinterest is all I can say!

15 Emily @ Have a Laugh on Me April 10, 2013 at 10:59 am

Oh my goodness Annaleis what a GORGEOUS looking party – just stunning. You obviously went to so much effort, just divine. And that cake – clever you!
Emily @ Have a Laugh on Me recently posted…A trip to Tangalooma, Moreton Island – Wordless WednesdayMy Profile

16 Teapots and Tractors April 10, 2013 at 8:04 pm

Thanks Em. Not so much effort just lots of clever ideas that took not much time to set up. We all had a lovely time.

17 Maddy (@mummawoosah) April 12, 2013 at 8:08 pm

so happy to have discovered your blog through ivillage.com.au today Annaleis! What a great party! PS. I do believe Mr Maker + Art Attack are 4yo’s version of Pinterest.fact :D I’m combining the boys’ 1st and 5th birthday parties next month – starting to panic! Looking forward to exploring your blog for more tips!

18 Teapots and Tractors April 12, 2013 at 8:47 pm

Don’t panic just make the most of what you already have. One birthday party will be much better than 2. Thanks for stopping by from iVillage. Loved being linked up there today :)

19 Renee April 18, 2013 at 5:30 am

Thank you for the link up… I hope you enjoyed the printables! It looks like you put together an amazing Lalaloopsy party for your daughter. I’ll be featuring this post on my site if you don’t mind?

20 Teapots and Tractors April 18, 2013 at 8:03 am

HI Renee, I would love you to feature my post! Thanks for letting me know and asking.

Annaleis

21 Maxabella July 19, 2013 at 7:38 pm

What a fun theme and party. I am a big fan of Lalaloopsys but I have failed miserably to convince my two daughters to get on the bandwagon with me. So I buy them for me and we all pretend they’re for them… x
Maxabella recently posted…Weekend Rewind II: Replaying your fave post of the weekMy Profile

22 Lisa Wood December 27, 2013 at 2:55 pm

What great ideas and colour scheme for a Birthday Party! Such a cute theme :) Love how you looked for items that you already had and used them to set the afternoon tea Birthday Party.
That cake looks so yummy.
Lisa Wood recently posted…Shout It From The RooftopsMy Profile

23 Emma Fahy Davis December 29, 2013 at 5:50 pm

What a gorgeous party! My gremlins were really into LaLaLoopsy for their 6th birthday, we didn’t have a party but they did get a LaLaLoopsy doll each and LaLaLoopsy pyjamas and pencil toppers as presents…
Emma Fahy Davis recently posted…2013: Five of… the toughestMy Profile

Comments on this entry are closed.

{ 2 trackbacks }