Welcome to Teapot Tuesday where we are
making, cooking and doing!
School starts this week for both my kids. Hayden goes 5 days a week for full time Pre-Primary and Mikala starts at Kindy, 2 days this semester, 3 days second semester. I am so excited for them both as I know how wonderful school is going to be for them, and for me. This is the year when I might get away staying home a little and just enjoying some time to myself. Next year I think we will be looking at me returning to some kind of more regular work. So I have been making a list. THE List!
THE List will include all the things I want to achieve this year, while I have some ‘time’. I actually don’t have hours of time as I commit to playing tennis and golf on some of these days. It is a work in progress and at the end of each month I might share it again and tick off what I have achieved. It is going to make me accountable.
- Clean out Linen Cupboard
- Do something with the board games that are everywhere!
- Clean out the hall cupboard
- Which also includes doing something with the teaching resources I no longer want or need – or a relevant.
- Finish setting up my craft room. Move the sewing machines in.
- Make a doily bunting. (I have the doilies thank you eBay! I couldn’t cut up the ones my Nanna made)
- Tupperware cupboard AGAIN!
- Move the blog to WordPress self hosted (I think)
- Clean Top of fridge and make it so it doesn’t get dumped on
- Breakfast routine
- Create another garden bed out the front to join with what we have. This is going to require some rock picking. For those of you that know about rock picking – its exciting isn’t it!
- Move two fences and playground so we can put a pool in.
- Organise my photos and decide how I am going to present them – I have project life, but now think digital might be better for me. But I do have to do something.
- Paint wardrobes in my bedroom.
- Paint bedside tables
- Change photos in frames that are 3 years old.
- Lose 10kgs (wouldn’t that be a nice bonus!)
This is what I am starting with. Not many things, but some I cant do without help. Some will take time and others I might just be able to do in an afternoon. Some of the points require some of the other things to be completed first.
Do you have anything on your list that you would love to get out of the way this year? Something you may have been putting off. I’m happy for you to share here and then check back when I do and see if you have finished.
Now to have a cup of tea, enjoy the quiet and read the posts at Essentially Jess where I have linked up for #IBoT.