Welcome to Teapot Tuesday where we are making,cooking and doing.
It was just a few months ago that I shared this post
about creating a cool boy room for Hayden. He is still loving his room, sleeping better, (though his Dad is sleeping on a mattress on the floor for about half the night!) and spending a lot more time in their. Which is great for everyone as we have less Lego induced foot injuries since.
Back then I mentioned that Hayden wanted a Pirate room. So we set about to make that happen. Now I don’t go overboard – because I know that he will probably change his mind in a couple of years. But I did add some special things.
1. Treasure Map - well actually its a map of the world that came from Scholastic BookClub for $1. Check these out when they come home from school (if your school does them) as I have a few posters which have come in handy for lots of things. This one is on the door!
2. DoorStop Float! - This is a craypot float we picked up at the beach. Hayden asked me to paint it today so I will and put H07 on it as well. He also has a float hanging on his door that his Uncle Torren made a traditional pot cover for. It’s a bit like Macrame – he made a gorgeous large one for me. I’m looking for a glass pot ball so he can make me a cover for that too. (Don’t tell him though!)
3. Pirate Ships! You cant have a pirate room with out a fleet of ships. Hayden’s Grandma on the farm bought him a wooden one for Christmas and the other one is a Fisher Price one he has had since he was a baby and wont let me give away!
Oh and don’t forget the Octonauts!
4. Bedding - A pirate needs to sleep in a pirate bed and Target had this perfect quilt cover and the matching skull and pirate boat cushion to match. (This was just before Christmas and I think they still have them) They weren’t really expensive.
Isn’t it always the way that when you make the bed neatly they jump on it!
– I was looking for some wall decorations and hadn’t found any until I saw a friend from school recommend on FB her cousin that made bunting. So pleased she did as we love this pirate bunting. It’s very well made and if you would like to check out her range you can do so at Brinc Bunting
. (From WA too)
6. Pirates - Well of course you need some pirates! That one there, at the top left, he is the cutest one!
For less that $120 we have made a room just look a little bit more special for a pirate that didn’t like to sleep much.
Have you made over a room to help you children sleep better?
Have you seen any pirate wall art I might like?
If you would like to see how we first painted and moved rooms check out this post – Cool boy Room Stage 2
Share and Enjoy